Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm Back

Hello! I apologize for the lack of blogging over the past couple months. September and October were hectic and travel heavy but now I’m back, settled in Hong Kong and it’s time to get my blogging on.

So let’s see, a couple big things have happen since I last posted. Two of my very best friends got married which was the reason for much of my travel (note – they did not get married to each other). Both weddings were a blast and, I never thought I would say this, the 16 hours of travel x4 in coach actually weren’t that bad. I mean, it’s a really long time to spend on a plane but I was able to catch up on a ton of B list movies. Plus, the time spent at home seeing friends and family was worth the hours in flight. The homesickness now that I’m back hasn’t been easy but that’s besides the point…

I also took a trip with some friends to Cebu, an island in the Philippines. We booked a last minute flight and hotel deal on Zuji.com and went for a 3 days weekend. Cebu is a 2 ½ hour flight from Hong Kong which just far enough for a weekend away at the beach. We stayed at a hotel that was right on the beach and painted totally pink. The highlights of the weekend were #1 the day we rented a boat to take us snorkeling. We stopped at 3 different sites and saw loads of fish and other sea creatures. My favorite was an electric blue starfish who had legs that were each a foot long. The Philippines is made up of thousands of little islands so there is a lot to see under the sea. Highlight #2 was visiting the home of my friend’s family. It was his cousins birthday so they invited us over for dinner and karaoke. There were probably 30 people there in backyard/courtyard sandwiched between other two story homes. We ate some crazy food (e.g. goat stew), drank the Filipino version of Smirnoff Ice and sang karaoke. Not only did they welcome 4 strangers into their home, they let us eat at the dining room table which made all the little cousins jealous and they enthusiastically listened to me sing Total Eclipse of the Heart and didn’t boo!

That’s all the major stuff that’s happened lately. This weekend is Halloween. It should be a wild one. They close down the streets in an area where there are lots of bars and everyone comes out in costume. I’ll be there, dressed as Wonder Woman…

Ciao!


Cebu

Mango in Cebu

No comments:

Post a Comment